U.S. citizenship is required by our client.
All candidates must be able to pass a Federal Government background investigation.
The Department of Education/ Federal Student Aid (FSA) program provides assistance to student in obtaining their goal of higher education with loan assistance. Its customers include researchers, federal/state/local governments, application
users. The project currently has an opening for an Interface Analyst. Applicant will be a member of a team responsible for monitoring, managing, and tracking interface file transmissions to and from the DMCS, ensuring file processing is successful.
This individual is a team player who enjoys building relationships with clients and co-workers and is highly organized and able to keep projects on schedule while working with a variety of people.
- Monitor and maintain data transmission according to the service-level agreement
- Monitor edits/errors associated with multiple interfaces; identify any issues with a corrective action plan.
- Interact with and perform activities daily with multiple external and internal interface partners
- Provide technical/application troubleshooting and quality assurance
- Learn about client limitations and propose alternatives as well as workarounds
- Implementation of interfaces on the interface engine
- Coordinate test message transfer and acceptance with the vendor
- Establish and maintain interface process documentation, to include interface project tracking as well as technical documentation
- Participate in active interface projects/releases to make sure they are progressing to the expected timeline of interface scope
- Identify process improvement areas
- Plan, arrange and manage allocated tasks and project milestones.
- Provide status updates to the Interface Lead and Manager
- Train and support interface products as internal support and in a customer facing capacity as needed
- Support A123 and SOC Audits – provide artifacts and workflows
- Support special projects or assignments as needed
Required Skills and Experience:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required
- Excellent customer service
- Excellent time management, analytical and problem-solving skills required
- Strong team player
- Proficient in Windows based applications, and MS Office software products (Excel/Access database)
- Ability to learn quickly, build and maintain long term relationships and work with minimal supervision
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience with an FSA’s environment a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field preferred
- Minimum of two years of related experience in data mapping and system interface environment supporting professional workforce
- Typically requires bachelor’s degree or equivalent, or two to three years of related experience.
Place of work: