We are looking for an experienced help desk manager to oversee our support team in providing exemplary technical support to our clients. You will be responsible for training, supporting, and leading your team. You will also be required to manage ticket escalation and resolve any technical issues.
To be successful as a help desk manager you should have excellent interpersonal and conflict management skills. Ultimately, a top-notch help desk manager should be able to ensure that our clients receive professional and efficient technical support.
Help Desk/Interface Manager Responsibilities:
- Managing and supporting a team of 10 resources.
- Mentoring your team, providing training, and conducting performance evaluations.
- Monitoring team performance and developing feedback reports for management.
- Communicating with clients and providing in-person and phone support, if required.
- Troubleshooting and resolving technical issues.
- Managing escalations and ensuring any issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Making recommendations to improve operational efficiency.
Help Desk/Interface Team Responsibilities:
Help Desk Specialists need to demonstrate the ability to troubleshoot, communicate, and solve issues over the phone or by email. Responsible for providing end-user support. Responds to queries, runs diagnostic programs, isolates problem, and determines and implements the solution. Documents, tracks and monitors the problem to ensure a timely resolution. Ability to complete multiple simultaneous projects in a timely manner. The goal is to make sure that customer value is maintained to the standards set forth by the company. Must have excellent customer service.
Must be flexible to a revolving shift on a bi-weekly basis: 7AM-4PM 9AM-6PM 1PM-10PM
During COVID, this position is work from home and may move back to on-site as COVID is addressed over time.
- Answer internal and external telephone calls for end-user issues or requests, complete tickets in the ticketing system, and process the requests
- Complete additional tasks as given by Help Desk Lead
- Monitor end-user arriving via email for end-users seeking help, by completing a ticket in the ticketing system and processing the request
- Serve as the single point of contact to the end-users for related issues, problems, requests, and escalations
- Track, route, and redirect problems to correct resources
- Monitor Service Desk for tickets assigned to the queue and process first-in first-out based on priority
- Walk the customer through the problem-solving process
- Coordinate, monitor, and respond quickly and effectively to all Service Desk open incident tickets in order to ensure issues are closed within the required Service Level Agreements
- Work directly with the Client s service partners for escalation and timely issue resolution
- Provide helpdesk support and resolve problems to the end user s satisfaction
- Verify with the customer that the issue has been resolved and update the ticketing system
- Receives and prioritizes issues and forwards using appropriate escalation procedures
- Identifies, investigates, and researches user questions and problems as well as isolating and resolving information systems problems
- Special projects may be assigned and an opportunity to work, based on ability to meet and exceed performance benchmarks
- Recommend procedure modifications or actively contribute to ongoing process improvements
- Assist Service Desk Management with executing reports to monitor and track tickets, reporting, analysis, or testing tasks
- Perform IT Service Desk services as follows:
- Unlocking user accounts and resetting passwords
- Resetting username and other applicable system passwords
- Track and respond to two-factor authentication tokens issues for Remote Access
- Escalate to appropriate IT support staff, if a problem cannot be resolved on first contact
- Appropriate procedures will be followed for after-hours contact
- Create and Modify user accounts in accordance with Security policies.
- Monitor and maintain data transmission according to the service-level agreement
- Monitor edits/errors associated with multiple interfaces; identify any issues with a corrective action plan.
- Interact with and perform activities daily with multiple external and internal interface partners
- Provide technical/application troubleshooting and quality assurance
- Learn about client limitations and propose alternatives as well as workarounds
- Implementation of interfaces on the interface engine
- Coordinate test message transfer and acceptance with the vendor
- Establish and maintain interface process documentation, to include interface project tracking as well as technical documentation
- Participate in active interface projects/releases to make sure they are progressing to the expected timeline of interface scope
- Identify process improvement areas
- Plan, arrange and manage allocated tasks and project milestones.
- Provide status updates to the Interface Lead and Manager
- Train and support interface products as internal support and in a customer facing capacity as needed
- Support A123 and SOC Audits – provide artifacts and workflows
Support special projects or assignments as needed
Help Desk/Interface Manager Qualifications
- At least two years of experience as a Help Desk Manager or in a technical support role.
- Strong technical background.
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent leadership and people management skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability and desire to provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers
- Desire to learn the ticket lifecycle process.
- Knowledge of software and operating systems
- Working knowledge of MS operating systems, Windows environment, and Java applications.
- Ability to do an analysis of existing systems and recommend process improvements
- Proficient in MS Office Suite of tools
- Highly organized and able to work independently
- Familiarity with Information Technology Infrastructure Library ( ITIL v3") desired
- Bachelor s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience desired.