As a business analyst (BA), you will work with the development team, under guidance of the BA Lead, to support all aspects of the software development life cycle (SDLC) project implementation. This includes but is not limited to JAD sessions, Sprint planning, daily standups, sprint execution, team collaboration, customer meetings, clarifications to team, retrospectives, demos, user acceptance testing, training support, data migration design support, Customer Pilot testing, system GO LIVE planning, GO LIVE event and post GO LIVE stabilization period support.
- Participate in JAD session and system design.
- Provide translation from Spanish to English and English to Spanish where requested.
- Accurately translate written communications between the Lead BA and stakeholders using relevant business terminology.
- Accurately translate verbal communications between the Lead BA and stakeholders using relevant business terminology.
- Scribe, translate and publish meeting minutes (e.g. Customer meetings, internal team daily standups, bi-monthly meetings, retrospectives, demo feedback).
- Provide data migration mapping support.
- Create and/or translate artifacts and datasets including but not limited to meeting minutes, workflow diagrams, high level data model diagrams, data element labels, system messages, system notifications, Reports, JIRA tickets, Data Migration mapping documentation, reference Data, User Guides, UAT plan, Demo prep.
- Support iterative sprint system demos as determined by the lead to be most viable (Could range from delivering demos directly in Spanish to verbally translating a demo conducted in English on the fly for Spanish speaking audience).
- Field, translate and respond to communication between customer and implementation team including but not limited questions, clarifications, bugs and change requests.
- Validate design or functionality as proposed by team during Sprints meets intent of customer.
- Provide consultation as system expert to trainer during training sessions.
- Support UAT preparation and customer support during UAT event including validating, organizing and translating UAT feedback into meaningful and relevant feedback for implementation team.
- Support Pilot preparation and customer support during Pilot periods including validating, organizing and translating Pilot feedback into meaningful and relevant feedback for implementation team.
- Support Stabilization preparation and customer support during Stabilization periods including validating, organizing and translating Stabilization feedback into meaningful and relevant feedback for implementation team.
- Must have 3-5 years of experience as a business analyst supporting mid-size systems and customers.
- Must be fluent in English/Spanish communication both verbal and written.
- Ability and desire to provide excellent customer-service to internal and external customers.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite of tools.
- Highly organized and ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
Bachelors in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or similar field of study or equivalent work experience.
Travel to Puerto Rico is required. While most travel will be for short periods there will be the potential for extended stays of 2 weeks or more at times depending on the stage of the development effort.