Location: Herndon/McLean, VA
Salary: Salary range is commensurate with candidate’s qualifications and experience.
How to Apply: Send your resume to email@example.com specifying the job opportunity you are applying for.
Application Engineers work closely with the Project Manager and/or Business Analyst to interpret business requirements, effectively develop the application according to requirements, and deliver high quality results.
- An Application Engineer's (AE) primary responsibility is the analysis of functional requirements, and development of applications utilizing the Micropact platforms and technologies.
- AE’s work closely with the Project Manager and/or Business Analyst to interpret business requirements, effectively develops the application according to requirements, and delivers high quality results.
- AEs must also maintain a functional understanding of database architecture and be able to write reports using an iReport toolkit, write custom extensions to JSP pages, and provide technical oversight when deploying applications to customer-facing environments.
- AEs must be able to communicate technical and non-technical information clearly, answer technical questions from customers, and be able provide efficient technical solutions to problems.
- AEs are responsible for writing technical documenting as directed by OmniSystems standards and methodology.
- 4 to 6 years of programming/software development experience.
- Understanding of J2EE Architecture (JBoss, Apache, Tomcat, etc.) and deployment procedures. Analytical Skills (ability to digest requirements and produce design).
- Ability for Testing/Quality Control.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar field of study
- Prior experience with workflow solutions preferred.
- Ability to obtain a U.S. Government Clearance.