U.S. citizenship is required.
All candidates must be able to obtain a Federal background clearance.
Help Desk Specialist needs to demonstrate the ability to troubleshoot, communicate, and solve issues over the phone or by email. Responsible for providing end user support. Responds to queries, runs diagnostic programs, isolates problem, and determines and implements solution. Documents, tracks and monitors the problem to ensure a timely resolution. Ability to complete multiple simultaneous projects in a timely manner. The goal is to make sure that customer value is maintained to the standards set forth by the company. Must have excellent customer service.
Must be flexible to a revolving shift on a bi-weekly basis: 7AM-4PM 9AM-6PM 1PM-10PM
- Answer internal and external telephone calls for end user issues or requests, complete tickets in the ticketing system and process the requests
- Complete additional tasks as given by Help Desk Lead
- Monitor end user arriving via email for end users seeking help, by completing a ticket in the ticketing system and processing the request
- Serve as the single point of contact to the end users for related issues, problems, requests and escalations
- Track, route and redirect problems to correct resources
- Monitor Service Desk for tickets assigned to the queue and process first-in first-out based on priority
- Walk customer through problem-solving process
- Coordinate, monitor and respond quickly and effectively to all Service Desk open incident tickets in order to ensure issues are closed within the required Service Level Agreements
- Work directly with the Client’s service partners for escalation and timely issue resolution
- Provide helpdesk support and resolve problems to the end user’s satisfaction
- Verify with the customer that the issue has been resolved and update the ticketing system
- Receives and prioritizes issues and forwards using appropriate escalation procedures
- Identifies, investigates and researches user questions and problems as well as isolating and resolving information systems problems
- Special projects may be assigned and an opportunity to work, based on ability to meet and exceed performance benchmarks
- Recommend procedure modifications or actively contribute to ongoing process improvements
- Assist Service Desk Management with executing reports to monitor and track tickets, reporting, analysis, or testing tasks
- Perform IT Service Desk services as follows:
- Unlocking user accounts and resetting passwords
- Resetting username and other applicable system passwords
- Track and respond to two factor authentication tokens issues for Remote Access
- Escalate to appropriate IT support staff, if a problem cannot be resolved on first contact
- Appropriate procedures will be followed for after-hours contact
- Create and Modify user accounts in accordance with Security policies.
Help Desk Specialist Qualifications:
- Ability and desire to provide excellent customer-service to internal and external customers
- Desire to learn ticket lifecycle process.
- Knowledge of software and operating systems
- Working knowledge of MS operating systems, Windows environment and Java applications.
- Ability to do analysis of existing systems and recommend process improvements
- Proficient in MS Office Suite of tools
- Highly organized and ability to work independently
- Familiarity with Information Technology Infrastructure Library (“ITIL v3") desired
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or equivalent work experience desired.