The Project Manager is responsible for ensuring the effective and efficient management of technical projects, including the assurance of schedule, the overall achievement of outcomes, results, and deliverables to support the business in delivering the
contract requirements and services in achieving prime contract goals objectives. This may include but may not be limited to new initiatives and application enhancements, process improvements, and other projects as assigned. This will be accomplished
through the coordination of a mix of in-house and externally sourced contractor and vendor resources depending on the scale, scope, and complexity of the program, initiative, or project. The Project Manager will also work closely with customer groups,
business and technical, and the other program groups - Contracts, Finance, Human Resources, Training, Quality, Security, and others to deliver integrated projects and programs.
- Management and coordination of projects, the scope of which may include infrastructure, process changes, robotic process automation, security finding remediation, quality improvement, hardware refresh, training, and other projects as assigned.
- Oversee the full lifecycle development and implementation program and technical activities to ensure successful project execution and meeting of requirements.
- Under general direction, responsible for all aspects of the development and implementation of assigned projects and provides a single point of contact for those projects.
- Take projects from original concept through final implementation.
- Define project scope and objectives.
- Develop detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans, and status reports.
- Conduct project meetings and is responsible for project tracking and analysis.
- Ensure adherence to quality standards and review project deliverables.
- Manage the integration of vendor tasks, track and review vendor deliverables.
- Guide the project team.
- Recommend and take action to direct the analysis and solutions of problems.
- Manage multiple simultaneous projects
- Manage risks and resolve issues that affect project scope, schedule, and quality
- Measure and monitor progress to ensure projects are delivered on time and within budget and that they meet or exceed requirements
- Perform all project management functions, including work breakdown and cost estimation, scheduling, monitoring, tracking technical progress against the defined timetables and budgets, and staff assignment and development.
- Coordination with all team participants, including architecture, security business operations, infrastructure, requirements development, infrastructure, test, configuration management, quality, risk/issue management, and corporate functions.
- Present project status to customer and program management.
- Strong client relationship skills, interfacing with multiple levels within the Department of Education
- Provide direction to team members and resolves problems in a timely and professional manner
- Ability to motivate and manage teams not reporting to you, to meet challenging deliverables and deadlines
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment balancing multiple sometimes conflicting priorities
- Oversee other ad-hoc projects and other duties as assigned by management
- Serve as the central point of contact and primary interface for all project-related issues.
- Oversee activities of prime employees and subcontractors utilized to deliver the technical solution.
- Ensure the project is in compliance with defined standards and procedures.
Education and Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university required
- Minimum 6 years of related work experience required
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple teams of 5 or more individuals representing different functions
- Broad applied knowledge and experience with methods and standards of IT project management
- Deep knowledge of and expertise in applying project management methodology, tools and techniques, and operational service delivery methods and practices
- Solid working knowledge of risk management, configuration management, software development methods and approaches, and quality assurance
- Broad knowledge of IT for effective team mobilization and resource assignment for projects
- Strong communication and negotiation skills including the ability to negotiate priorities, resources, etc.
- Experience in Microsoft Office products required
- Excellent organizational, written, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment
- Ability to work as a team member, as well as independently
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Master's Degree
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
- Active US Department of Education 6C clearance
Additional Requirements as per contract/client:
- Must reside in the US.
- Must be a US citizen
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check
- Must not be delinquent or in default on any federal student loans
- Employment and continued employment are contingent upon obtaining and maintaining a favorable clearance. Final suitability determination is the sole discretion of the Department of Education
Hiring Policy Statement:
OmniSystems is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected
veteran status, or disability status.