US Citizen/ Moderate level background investigation
8+ years of IT business/requirements analysis and development experience
OmniSystems is seeking a Business Analyst with student loan servicing software or financial systems experience. Business requirements must be analyzed, developed, defined, and documented for enhancements, new functionality, and sustainment/maintenance
of an extensive and complex federal loan system. Experience with Federal government contracts and comprehensive support to the software development life cycle (SDLC) is required. The Requirements Analyst will interview key stakeholders and relevant
support staff to determine business requirements, create process flows, workflows, swim lanes, and provide a narrative to document the business requirements. Working with other components of the SDLC, all requirements must be identified and fully
documented, reviewed, and accepted. The Business Analyst will work both independently and within a team environment. Focus is on listening, analyzing, documenting, verifying, and finalizing requirements used by designers, developers, and testers to
complete the SDLC and implement new functionality via scheduled software releases.
- Elicits requirements through documentation analysis, communications, interviews, JAD sessions, and other techniques, as needed. These activities include co-workers, Federal customers, and subject matter experts.
- Decompose high-level business and user requirements into functional requirements. Look for derived requirements that are a logical consequence of the customers’ requests and implicit requirements that haven’t
- Define business rules, quality attributes, external interfaces, constraints, and non-functional requirements.
- Write requirements specifications using standard templates, using natural language simply, clearly, unambiguously, and concisely.
- Participate in peer reviews and inspections of requirements documents.Identify ambiguous, conflicting, incorrect, or incomplete requirements.
- Strong analytical, planning, problem-solving, and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (ability to talk with individuals and groups about their needs and ask the right questions to surface essential requirements information)
- Understanding of financial systems and processing
- Independent thinking and decision-making skills
- At least eight years of IT requirements analysis and development experience
- In-depth knowledge of and experience with similar large-scale IT systems and the support required to operate, maintain, and enhance those systems
- Ability to conduct requirements gathering meetings and interactive sessions with end-users and other system stakeholders; facilitate discussions, and reach consensus/decisions
- Clearance requirement: moderate level background investigation.
- US citizenship is required.
- Knowledge and experience with debt management systems and software
- Knowledge and experience with Federal student loans
Hiring Policy Statement:
OmniSystems is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected
veteran status, or disability status.